The Cashier is responsible for daily branch operations, including management of Tellers, New Accounts/CSR, and the Bookkeeping Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Works closely with CEO to create a culture for business development that is clearly aligned with organizational values and operating principles.
2. Supports the Bank's risk management program including the development and maintaining of appropriate policies and procedures.
3. Participation in Senior Management Committee decisions regarding bank policy, products and procedures.
4. Keeping branches in compliance with all bank policies and procedures.
5. Prepares branch for internal audits.
6. Oversees the interpretation and application of regulatory guidance and law to ensure strong operations practices;
7. Business development:
a. Develops the organization to ensure excellence in customer relations, service, and business development;
b. Actively participates with lenders in the bank's markets improving customer relationships and prospecting.
8. Assists in fostering a retail sales culture with staff. This includes motivating staff in fostering innovation, product knowledge and promotions within a client focused environment.
9. Serve as a technical resource for the assigned groups. Answer questions about program requirements, regulatory requirements, software usage and other issues as necessary.
10. Complete annual performance reviews for assigned staff according to corporate guidelines and deadlines. Provide counseling to employees during the year when performance or behavior is below standards.
11. Interview and hire new employees as necessary according to
department and company standards.
a. Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions. Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational goals.
12. Ensure that all assigned staff is trained to company standards. Training will include program and regulatory requirements, system usage and all other tasks required of the team. Help co-ordinate training within the group and with other departments as necessary or appropriate. Report to management progress and/or issues.
13. Responsible for Business Continuity Plan regarding branch activities.
14. Departments responsible for include:
a. Bookkeeping Dept
b. Branch Administration and sales:
i. New Accounts
15. Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the COO. Establishes and manages to service level objectives.
16. Develops and installs procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow to all departments and branches in regard to operational policies and procedures.
17. Work with Audit department to ensure compliance audits, identified errors in procedure and judgment, creates corrective action plan to include retraining, discipline or termination of employment and carries out corrective action plan.
18. Assists the BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Officer of the Bank, with regard to daily monitoring requirements, conducting annual and ongoing training, maintaining related records and developing policies and procedures to comply with Bank Secrecy Act/ Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML), Customer identification Program (CIP) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements. Monitors currency transactions that are $3,000 and above and files Suspicious Activity Reports as necessary. Monitors accounts exempt from currency transaction reporting, and files reports for exempt customers.
19. Represents the Bank in various business, trade, charity, civic, and social organizations to support the community and provide for positive public relations. Speaks at community events on appropriate topics as requested.
20. Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
1. Broad-based experience in banking.
2. Exceptional negotiating skills (both internal and external) and interpersonal skills.
3. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with other employees.
4. Self driven and promotes quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability and thoroughness of work performed.
5. Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
6. Strategic planning and building and executing marketing plans and developing and executing departmental budgets.
7. Development and implementation of training programs for employees.
8. Strong leadership skills to advise, coach and mentor less experienced bankers.
9. PC experience to include Microsoft Windows (Word and Excel) and analysis software products.
10. Strong working knowledge of banking laws, compliance requirements and outside agency audits.
11. Strong working knowledge of financial products and services.
Experience and/or Education
1. Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or 10 years related banking experience;
2. 10 years of banking operations experience with proven operations management, business development, and team management skills.