Employment Position 12
Job Title: Senior Credit Analyst
Primary purpose of the position is to analyze and monitor creditworthiness of the Bank's customers and potential customers. The person analyzes financial statements, tax returns, collateral information, industry conditions, and bank references to evaluate the financial condition and credit risk of both consumer and commercial applicants.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prepares or assists in the preparation of loan approval packages for presentation to lenders and/or loan committees.
• Obtains loan request information from commercial lenders and/or the banks borrowers to analyze credit information, financial statements and other related information pertaining to the loans.
• Researches background documentation and reviews personal and business financial statements and tax returns. Analyzes financial information and prepares the preliminary analysis for the lender and Chief Credit Officer.
• Reviews loan files to ensure the completeness of the file and that all liens on collateral have properly perfected.
• Assists lenders with daily portfolio management, including calls on past-due loan customers and the monitoring/clearing of documentation exceptions
• Assists Chief Credit Officer in compiling portfolio data and performing appropriate analytics.
• Follow all applicable laws and regulations.
• Carries out responsibilities with professionalism, respect for others, in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Credit Analyses, including financial spreads/analysis, cash flow analysis, and collateral analysis
• Periodic management reports on portfolio
Reports to: Chief Credit Officer
• 3 – 5 years bank credit analysis experience, specifically as a Credit Analyst
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
• Banking or financial services experience
• Proficient in MS Office Products
• Strong skills in MS Excel
• Strong mathematical skill
• Strong sense of urgency
• Ability to think strategically with a strong attention to detail, standards, and consistency.
• Strong financial analysis and business acumen
• Sound judgement and decision making
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Customer-oriented (internal and external)
• Corrected vision.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.