TransPecos Banks is always in search of talented professionals to join our organization. Our available positions are listed in the Current Opportunities section below. If you see something for which you would like to apply, please download the application below:
Job Title: Universal Teller
Pecos, TX - Part-Time
Alpine, TX - Part-Time
Marathon, TX - Part-Time
Accurately and efficiently process and record routine transactions for bank customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing loan payments and money transfers. Promote and advise on the bank's products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and count working cash at beginning of shift
- Identify customers, validate and cash checks
- Accept cash and checks for deposit and check accuracy of deposit slip
- Process cash withdrawals
- Perform services for customers such as ordering bank cards and checks and preparing cashier's checks and personal money orders
- Receive and verify loan payments
- Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures
- Balance currency, cash and checks in cash drawer at end of each shift
- Answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank related products
- Attempt to resolve issues and problems with customer's accounts
- Process night deposits
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some clerical, administrative, cash handling, sales or customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and relevant computer skills.
- Strong numerical ability
- Good listening and communication skills
- Customer service orientation
Job Title: VP - Operations Manager
The Operations Manager is responsible for daily deposit operations, including management of the operational integrity of the bank, branch operations, deposit products, and the Operations Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works closely with CEO to create a culture for operational excellence that is clearly aligned with organizational values and operating principles.
2. Keeps management and the board apprised of any considerations affecting the deposit portfolio and policy.
3. Supports the Bank's risk management program including the development and maintaining of appropriate policies and procedures.
4. Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
5. Coordinates the formulation, development, recommendation, implementation, and administration of Bank-wide policies, business goals, procedures and practices to ensure compliance and continuously improve standards.
6. In conjunction with the CFO, works closely with Core Processor and other IT vendors to ensure efficient, accurate and secure data processing for the bank.
7. Participation in Senior Management Committee decisions regarding bank policy and products and procedures.
8. Working with the Bank's Compliance Officer, keeping branches in compliance with all bank policies and procedures prepares branch for internal audits.
9. Oversees the interpretation and application of regulatory guidance and law to ensure strong operations practices;
10. Business development: Develops the organization to ensure excellence in customer relations, service, and business development; Actively participates with lenders in the bank's markets improving customer relationships and prospecting.
11. Complete and provide weekly, monthly or annual reports as required.
12. Work to create and maintain excellent partnership with the Loan Officers, Branch Managers and Management supported by team members. Act as a point of contact for operational questions or concerns from supported Production staff.
13. Serve as a technical resource for the assigned groups. Answer questions about program requirements, regulatory requirements, software usage and other issues as necessary.
14. Reviewing and counseling staff including firing if necessary: Complete annual performance reviews for assigned staff according to corporate guidelines and deadlines. Provide counseling to employees during the year when performance or behavior is below standards.
15. Interview and hire new employees as necessary according to department and company standards: Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions. Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational goals.
16. Ensure that all operations and branch staff is trained to company standards. Training will include program and regulatory requirements, system usage and all other tasks required of the team. Help co-ordinate training within the group and with other departments as necessary or appropriate. Report to management progress and/or issues.
17. Reviews work schedules and ensure adequate coverage.
18. Approve time off requests and payroll timesheets as required.
19. Approve check requests and invoices within guidelines and standards.
20. Participate in departmental projects as required.
21. Work to create a positive, supportive, and fun work environment.
22. Maintain a positive working relationship between branch, and main office staff's to promote effective communication.
23. Responsible for Vendor Risk Management and Business Continuity Plan regarding operational functions.
24. Monitors branch service levels and coaches staff to achieve appropriate levels.
25. Responds to more complex customer complaints and questions.
26. Ensures department activities run smoothly and efficiently;
27. Assists in attaining established Bank and department goals.
28. Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the CEO. Establishes and manages to service level objectives.
29. Develops and installs procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow to all departments and branches in regard to operational policies and procedures.
30. Work with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance audits, identified errors in procedure and judgment, creates corrective action plan to include retraining, discipline or termination of employment and carries out corrective action plan.
31. Ensures all internal operational reports and regulatory reporting requirements are prepared accurately and in accordance to Bank policy.
32. Coordinates with the team for regulatory examinations and/or other audits as necessary.
33. Supports the Bank's deposit compliance function. Ensures all deposit compliance issues are handled appropriately. Authors and implements compliance policies and procedures and conducts staff compliance trainings. Maintains deposit compliance related records.
34. Assists the BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Officer of the Bank, with regard to daily monitoring requirements, conducting annual and ongoing training, maintaining related records and developing policies and procedures to comply with Bank Secrecy Act/ Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML), Customer identification Program (CIP) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements. Monitors currency transactions that are $3,000 and above and files Suspicious Activity Reports as necessary. Monitors accounts exempt from currency transaction reporting, and files reports for exempt customers.
35. Supports the Bank's security officer to ensure compliance with the security program.
36. Supports Branch Operations staff to ensure seamless interaction between the Branch Operations and Centralized Operations.
37. Represents the Bank in various business, trade, charity, civic, and social organizations to support the community and provide for positive public relations. Speaks at community events on appropriate topics as requested.
38. Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or 10 years related banking experience;
2. 10 years of banking operations experience with proven operations management, business development, and team management skills.
1. Broad-based experience in banking.
2. Possesses a results-oriented approach with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
3. Exceptional negotiating skills (both internal and external).
4. Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with internal and external customers.
5. Enjoys working with customers and demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills
6. Holds self and those supervised accountable for their actions – does not make excuses.
7. Enhances job growth through continuing education, as required or necessary.
8. Displays a self-driven manner, with the ability to independently manage workflow and priorities.
9. Promotes quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed.
10. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with other employees.
11. Proactively promotes the Bank to others and identifies new opportunities for the bank – understands that everyone is a "salesperson" for the for the Bank
12. Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
13. Experience building and executing marketing plans.
14. Strategic planning experience.
15. Experience developing and executing departmental budgets.
16. Development and implementation of training programs for employees.
17. Proven ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
18. Strong leadership skills to advise, coach and mentor less experienced bankers.
19. PC experience to include Microsoft Windows (Word and Excel) and analysis software products.
20. Strong community leadership experience.
21. Strong working knowledge of banking laws, compliance requirements and outside agency audits
22. Strong working knowledge of financial products and services
23. Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively.
24. Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet time deadlines.
25. Ability to make logical decisions and carry out decisions made.
26. Ability to work effectively and non-defensively with a variety of personalities.
27. Working knowledge of computers and business software (Excel, Word) and the ability to learn proprietary software. Ability to operate general office equipment.
28. Ability to be an attentive and active listener.