TransPecos Banks is always in search of talented professionals to join our organization. Our available positions are listed in the Current Opportunities section below. If you see something for which you would like to apply, please download the application below:
Job Title: Accounting Specialist
San Antonio, TX
Ensures the timely and accurate completion of all bank accounting activities including the resolution of problems and continuous improvement in the bank's accounting functions through the development and implementation of procedures (existing and new).
Ensures the timely and accurate completion of all new hire and terminated employee activities and bi-weekly payroll processing activities.
(Human Resources 30%)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs corporate accounting activities, including accounts payable and receivable, operations, payroll, and pension administration.
- Processes wire transfer requests, ensures compliance with policy, timeliness and accuracy.
- Performs accounting operations functions to include ACH Processing, and Exception Item Processing.
- Completes timely and accurate data entry into bank processing systems in areas of: Internet Banking; Domestic wires; Card disputes; ACH origination & reconciliation; Check Exception Processing; Quality Control; Collections; Compliance with Banking Regulations; Internal Controls monitoring.
- Reconciles general ledger and internal deposit accounts, analyzes financial accounts and prepares journal entries.
- Reconciles revenue reports, unbilled variances, payroll and expense reports.
- Reconciles accounts and inputs general ledger entries
- Provides reports and analysis of financial institution accounting records on a regular basis.
- Performs all in-house payroll procedures, such as entering automated payroll data and monitoring employee data files
- Prepares new employee files and ensures all new employee documentation is obtained and properly filed
- Processes employee terminations and documents the employee files accordingly
- Handles financial, accounting, and payroll matters with the utmost confidentiality.
- Prepares and sends business correspondence.
- Manages various projects as assigned by the Accounting Manager or Senior Management as needed.
- Carries out responsibilities with professionalism, respect for others, in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Develops and implements procedures to streamline financial institution accounting processes.
- Other duties as assigned including backup for other accounting functions.
Accurate & timely accounting processing, Reconciliations & Payroll
Reports to: Accounting Manager
- 2 years Accounting Processes: Bookkeeping, payroll and reconciliations
- Banking Experience Preferred: Wires, ACH, Exception Processing
- Good understanding of Accounting knowledge
- High Proficiency in MS Office & Excel
- Cooperative and Team-minded
- Result and Detail Oriented
- Quality, Accuracy and Efficiency
- Process Improvement & Problem Solving
- Self Directed with Sound Judgment
- Highly organized
- Able to adapt quickly, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize
- Conceptualization & Business Acumen
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with internal and external staff
- Demanding work environment.
Job Title: Universal Teller
Pecos, TX - Part-Time
Alpine, TX - Part-Time
Marathon, TX - Part-Time
Accurately and efficiently process and record routine transactions for bank customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing loan payments and money transfers. Promote and advise on the bank's products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and count working cash at beginning of shift
- Identify customers, validate and cash checks
- Accept cash and checks for deposit and check accuracy of deposit slip
- Process cash withdrawals
- Perform services for customers such as ordering bank cards and checks and preparing cashier's checks and personal money orders
- Receive and verify loan payments
- Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures
- Balance currency, cash and checks in cash drawer at end of each shift
- Answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank related products
- Attempt to resolve issues and problems with customer's accounts
- Process night deposits
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some clerical, administrative, cash handling, sales or customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and relevant computer skills.
- Strong numerical ability
- Good listening and communication skills
- Customer service orientation