TransPecos Banks is always in search of talented professionals to join our organization. Our available positions are listed in the Current Opportunities section below. If you see something for which you would like to apply, please download the application below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
San Antonio, TX - Full-Time
Responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Bank's Compliance Management Program while creating a "culture of compliance". This position plans, organizes, and controls the Bank's day‐to‐day administrative, lending and operational compliance activities and collaborates with the departmental managers in the overall administration of these directives for the Bank. Participates in various committees, audits and examinations. Performs duties as the Bank Secrecy Act/OFAC Officer and Community Reinvestment Act Officer. Conducts staff training related to compliance. Advises the Board of Directors, Senior Management and Bank personnel of emerging compliance issues and consults and guides the Bank in the establishment of controls to mitigate risks. The Bank seeks to be in the top Tier of bank compliance ratings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements and administers all aspects of the Bank's Compliance Management Program; performs duties as the Bank's Compliance Committee chairperson; assists independent, state and federal regulator auditor inquiries; conducts risk assessments, reviews and writes compliance related policies and procedures; makes recommendations to the Board of Directors and Senior Management when appropriate; submits annual reports to the Board of Directors detailing compliance issues.
- Maintains a proficient knowledge of all applicable banking rules and regulations.
- Performs duties as the Bank Secrecy Act/OFAC Officer; conducts various quality control reviews and monitoring in the area of Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti‐Money Laundering, OFAC and Customer Identification Program compliance using industry standard and regulatory guidance sampling methods to ensure the Bank's compliance efforts are maintained on a daily basis.
- Performs duties as the Community Reinvestment Act Officer; establishes, develops and implements programs to return the Bank to its Outstanding CRA rating, a strategic goal.
- Works closely with the Bank's Risk Management Officer and various branches and departments in identifying, defining, and remediating various risk‐related issues in attaining established compliance goals as directed by the Board of Directors and Senior Management.
- Performs duties as the Risk Management Officer; ensures the Bank maintains an adequate and effective Enterprise Risk Management v. 1/13/16 2 (ERM) program thus ensuring the Bank is in full compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and internal policies, procedures and processes; promotes risk and regulatory compliance by identifying, quantifying, reviewing, evaluating, and measuring risk to ensure that all risk categories are identified and managed in accordance with regulatory compliance and audit requirements, approved risk tolerance, risk appetite and strategic plans approved by the Board of Directors.
- Works closely with the department managers; develops strategic plans, reviews reports; organizes plans and makes recommendations for major compliance initiatives involving functional changes within the Bank and budgets.
- Identifies and mitigates potential risk issues against the Bank; interacts with Bank personnel pertaining to such issues.
- Maintains a Compliance Library for the Bank; ensures materials are current and available for use and reference or will perform research as requested.
- Oversees actions of comprehensive self‐testing, independent third party and regulatory audits; makes necessary preparations for such audits or exams; coordinates responses to external auditors and regulatory examiners; ensures deficiencies identified from such audits and examinations are corrected.
- Develops and administers various forms to assure the use of correct and updated forms by Bank personnel.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable reporting and record keeping requirements.
- Ensures timely distribution of related materials and publications to designated personnel.
- Conducts compliance training presentations and exercises with all Bank personnel, including material presented to employees during the new hire orientation process.
- Consistently applies superior decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects, gathers data and prepares reports for Senior Management, audits and other personnel.
- Processes, solves and answers complex customer transactions, problems or inquiries.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations; adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank's goals and values; benefits the Bank through outside activities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required; law degree preferred.
- 5 years banking or legal compliance experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Bank administration, lending and operations products and services; related state and federal laws and regulations, and other Bank operational policies and procedures.
- Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in all operational and lending activities and terminology.
- Proven ability to effectively train and instruct others in a formal classroom or one‐on‐one environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations;
- Professional accreditation such as a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), and Certified Anti‐Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast‐paced environment with multiple priorities;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Must be able to work independently with only general management direction;
- Ability to identify strategic improvements;
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non‐standardized situations
Job Title: Universal Teller
Pecos, TX - Part-Time
Alpine, TX - Part-Time
Marathon, TX - Part-Time
Accurately and efficiently process and record routine transactions for bank customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing loan payments and money transfers. Promote and advise on the bank's products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and count working cash at beginning of shift
- Identify customers, validate and cash checks
- Accept cash and checks for deposit and check accuracy of deposit slip
- Process cash withdrawals
- Perform services for customers such as ordering bank cards and checks and preparing cashier's checks and personal money orders
- Receive and verify loan payments
- Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures
- Balance currency, cash and checks in cash drawer at end of each shift
- Answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank related products
- Attempt to resolve issues and problems with customer's accounts
- Process night deposits
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some clerical, administrative, cash handling, sales or customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and relevant computer skills.
- Strong numerical ability
- Good listening and communication skills
- Customer service orientation