Debit Card Services
Signed Debit Card Transactions
To better protect you against fraudulent use of your TransPecos Banks (TPB) Debit Card, signed transactions at the following merchant types: Grocery/Supermarket, Pharmacy, Home Supply Warehouse and Variety Stores in the states of Georgia, Connecticut, Tennessee and Mississippi are limited to $49 per transaction. If your purchase at these locations is greater than this limit, you can complete your purchase using your PIN. If you do not remember your PIN, please call TPB Customer Care at 877-445-9550 or 210-228-9960 for assistance.
Debit Card Monitoring
TPB is committed to protecting your money from debit card fraud. Performing debit card transactions with TransPecos Banks provides the security you need and each banking representative is committed to protecting your money from debit card fraud. One of the ways we safeguard your money is by monitoring debit card activity outside of our geographical region. When we suspect fraudulent activity, we may suspend debit card usage in a particular area.
- Tip 1: If you are traveling outside of our region, please contact your market president. We will be happy to make arrangements for you to use your debit card in any location.
- Tip 2: If you find yourself in a blocked area, you may still use your card with your PIN number. Only signature based transactions will be blocked.
- Tip 3: If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call your market president.
Banking Safety Tips at ATMs
- Look Around Before You Approach
- Use ATMs That You're Familiar With
- Look Over the Machine Before Inserting Your Card
- Lock Car Doors and Secure Windows at Drive-thru ATMs
- Have Your Card Ready While Approaching the ATM
- Use ATMs That are Well Lit and Safe
- Get Cash Out of Sight
- Use strong passwords for online banking and all your online accounts.
- Make sure you logout after each online banking session.
- Only provide your contact information to sites you trust.
- Make sure your virus protection software (Norton Antivirus, Kapersky, McAfee, etc.) is active on your laptop or personal computer
Debit Card Transactions in Foreign Countries
The security and protection of your accounts is our top priority. In order to safeguard your accounts against potential fraud we began blocking signature based debit card transactions as of July 23, 2009 from all foreign countries. This means you will need to use your PIN in conjunction with a debit card transaction in a foreign country. In the event that you are planning a trip outside of the United States, and prefer to sign for your debit card transactions, we will unblock your account. Contact TPB at 877-445-9550 or 210-228-9960.
Report a Lost or Stolen Card
Report lost, found or stolen card immediately to TransPecos Banks: PO Box 2037, Pecos, TX 79772 or 1-432-445-9000. If you are unable to reach us, please call 1-800-523-4175.
Please notify us of your plans prior to traveling out of state to activate your debit/ATM card. Log into your account and complete the "Travel Notification" located under the "User Services" tab.