Opt in for Overdraft Privilege by August 15th
Beginning August 15, 2010 new federal regulations require that you contact us if you would like to continue receiving Overdraft Privilege for your ATM and debit card transactions.
If you opt in, card transactions that exceed your available balance will not be declined at the point of purchase, beginning August 15th.
Termination of Overdraft Privilege
Any customers that have not complied with the minimum standards of the program, or that have remained in the overdraft status for longer than 30 days, will be notified that the service will be terminated and the overdrawn balance will be charged off at 60 days.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
2. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less
expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
Q. What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
A. We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
As of August 15th we will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
Q. What fees will I be charged if TransPecos Banks pays my overdraft?
A. Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $29.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
Q. What if I want TransPecos Banks to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card
A. If you want to authorize TransPecos Banks to pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions on your behalf please do one of the following:
1. Login to your TransPecos Banks Online Banking Account and check mark the box authorizing TransPecos Banks to pay overdrafts on your behalf and then click Submit.
2. Call TransPecos Bank at 1-877-445-9550
3. Print and complete the form below and present it at a branch office, or mail it to: 115 W. 3rd Street, Pecos TX 79772.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please Initial Your Choice
____I do not want TransPecos Banks to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
____I want TransPecos Banks to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
Printed Name: _______________________________________
Account Number: ____________________________________